Assistant Professor Position
(starting Q3 2021. Tenure track in UniAndes)
Systems & Computing Engineering department
IMAGINE team (R&D+i in Visual Computing)
We are seeking for a highly motivated PhD in Visual Computing, especially in Visual Analytics, and Human centered computing in the Systems & Computing Engineering Department in the Engineering School of University of Los Andes, Bogotá Colombia.
Host Research Team is IMAGINE (R&D+i in visual computing)
The assistant professor will
- Perform interdisciplinary research and develop concepts in the field of Visual Computing and Human Computer Interaction (HCI) together with leading experts from the Imagine group, and our scientific partners looking for applied research in Urban Systems & Health.
- Participate in teaching, focused on Visual Computing (especially Visual Analytics) and HCI related courses at undergraduate and graduate level
- Participate in supervision of student projects and theses
- Write scientific publications
- Participate in applied research and consulting projects
- Participate in writing research proposals
- Work within a creative, highly motivated, and international team
- PhD in relevant field
- Interest on high quality teaching
- Knowledge or interest in one or more of the following: Visual Analytics, Human Centered computing, Visual Computing, Applied artificial intelligence
- Abilities to work as an independent and flexible researcher in interdisciplinary teams.
- Fluency in English & Spanish (both speaking and writing).
Our department has one undergraduate program, seven master programs and a doctoral program. The Department has ABET accredited program in Systems and Computing Engineering and High Quality accreditation from the Minister of Education in Colombia. According to The Best Global Universities Ranking by US News & World Report (2018), Universidad de Los Andes is the first university in Colombia and is 7 in Latin America. The University offers compensation for 12-months, awards according to performance and flexible benefits related to childcare, health, and assurances, among others.
Applicants should send: the letter of intent, curriculum vitae, list of publications, research and teaching statements (maximum 3 pages), and full contact information for at least three references, via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please include the reference "Assistant Professor Position" in the email subject.